Thursday, October 1, 2009

Better Today


I'm happy to report that Hudson slept better last night, going to bed around 10:30 pm and only waking up twice for feedings, once around 2 am and again around 5:30 am, and the feedings were about half an hour and then he fell asleep and slept soundly.

What did we do?

During the day I kept lights on and windows open and woke him up every 3 hours. In the afternoon he stayed away for over 2 hours, which was GREAT because I figured the more he is up during the day the more tired he would be at night.

At night, starting at 6 pm, I woke him every 2 hours and fed him, hoping that he wouldn't act like he was starving when 10 pm rolled around. I was right - he did his half hour feeding at 10 and was asleep at 10:30.

We also gave him a bath around 9 pm. He objected to it this time, but it did seem to help tire him out.

Daddy and I were much happier not having to stay awake until 4 am.

I did order the Harvy Karp Happiest Baby DVD yesterday. We'll see what advice we can pick up from that, since I'm sure we won't get this lucky with Hudson every night.

GNMXDVD12379282

No comments:

Post a Comment